Do you know the muffin man?
The muffin man, the muffin man.
Do you know the muffin man
Who lives in Drury Lane?
There is no need for the muffin man to deliver you muffins when you have this simple but delicious recipe.
- 100g Jersey Dairy unsalted butter (softened). Plus extra for greasing.
- 140g Jersey Dairy natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp Jersey Dairy milk
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of fine salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120g blueberries
– Preheat the oven to 220C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
– Beat the caster sugar and Jersey butter together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat together for 1 minute. Then mix in the Jersey yogurt, milk and vanilla extract.
– Combine the flour, baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda in a bowl with a 1/4 tsp fine salt. Pour this into the wet ingredients mixture and stir in.
– Add in the blueberries, stir, and divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases.
– Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven to 180C and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes until the muffins have risen and turned golden.
– Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then carefully lift out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
– Serve and enjoy with a cup of tea or a glass of cold Jersey milk.