Warm oats are brilliant to have for breakfast, especially as the temperature starts to drop in the autumn and winter months. Our blueberry oats recipe is quick and easy to make. Check it out below:
- 40g porridge oats
- 350ml Jersey Dairy 1% milk
- 1 tbsp Jersey Dairy natural yogurt
- 150g frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp flaked almonds
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
– Bring oats and Jersey milk to the boil and then let simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Alternatively microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
– Meanwhile heat blueberries in a pan with a tsp of water, the vanilla essence and honey (optional). Heat on a medium to low heat until they have thawed but still hold their shape.
– Serve porridge, with Jersey yogurt and blueberry mix drizzled on top. Finish with flaked almonds.
– And enjoy!