Celebratory Chocolate Cupcakes
To celebrate 10 years since we moved from our old dairy site at Five Oaks to our new home in Trinity we have made these delicious chocolate cupcakes. They are super simple to make and taste delicious. Why not have a go at baking them?
Ingredients – For the cupcakes, serve 12
- 175g of Jersey Dairy unsalted butter (softened)
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 165g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp boiling water
For the buttercream
- 60g Jersey Dairy unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 tbsp Jersey Dairy whole milk
- 30g cocoa powder
- 250g icing sugar
- Grated chocolate for sprinkling on top
– Preheat the oven to 200C.
– Line a muffin tine with paper cases. Sift the cocoa powder into a large bowl and pour in the boiling water and mix into a thick paste.
– Add the Jersey butter, eggs and caster sugar into the bowl and mix with an electric hand whisk (or beat well with a wooden spoon).
– Divide the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until they are well risen. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
– While the cupcakes are cooling you can make the chocolate icing. Melt the butter and pour it into a mixing bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the icing sugar a little at a time alongside the Jersey milk until it turns glossy and spreadable.
– Use a piping bag or create your own using a sandwich bag and create a slit in one corner to pipe the mix over the cupcakes. Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the iced cupcakes and leave to set before serving.
– Share and enjoy your chocolate cupcakes with a cup of tea or a glass of Jersey milk.