Our chocolate cupcakes are simple to make and taste delicious. Check out our recipe below…
Ingredients – For the cupcakes, serve 12
- 175g of Jersey Dairy unsalted butter (softened)
- 115g self raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 165g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp boiling water
For the buttercream
- 60g Jersey Dairy unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 tbsp Jersey Dairy whole milk
- 30g cocoa powder
- 250g icing sugar
- Grated chocolate for sprinkling on top
– Preheat the oven to 200C.
– Line a muffin tine with paper cases. Sift the cocoa powder into a large bowl and pour in the boiling water and mix into a thick paste.
– Add the Jersey butter, eggs, flour and caster sugar into the bowl and mix with an electric hand whisk (or beat well with a wooden spoon).
– Divide the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until they are well risen. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
– While the cupcakes are cooling you can make the chocolate icing. Melt the butter and pour it into a mixing bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the icing sugar a little at a time alongside the Jersey milk until it turns glossy and spreadable.
– Use a piping bag or create your own using a sandwich bag and create a slit in one corner to pipe the mix over the cupcakes. Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the iced cupcakes and leave to set before serving.
– Share and enjoy your chocolate cupcakes with a cup of tea or a glass of Jersey milk.