These Christmas biccies will bring joy to your kitchen over the festive season. They are so simple to make and go perfectly alongside a milky cuppa T!
Ingredients for the biscuits (makes 20):
- 250g Jersey Dairy butter – cut into small cubes
- 350g plain flour – sieved
- 140g icing sugar – sieved
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g icing sugar, sieved
- edible gold and silver balls if you want to add sparkle to your biscuits
- Mix the icing sugar, vanilla extract, egg yolk and butter into a mixing bowl and stir together with a wooden spoon (or if you have a food processor use this until well combined).
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix until it forms a firm dough. Shape the dough into two flattish round balls and wrap them in cling film. Chill for 20-30mins.
- Heat the oven to 190C and line two baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface so the thickness is a couple of cm. Use your Christmas cutters to create some Christmassy biscuit shapes and place on the baking trays. Bake for 10-12mins.
- Once the biscuits have turned a nice golden brown colour take them out the oven and lift them onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing sugar with a few drops of cold water to make a thick, but slightly runny icing.
- Decorate your Christmas biscuits and add any other decorations to make them sparkle!
Enjoy this Christmas!