With Christmas just around the corner we’ve got the perfect dessert for you and your family. Jersey Dairy’s pavlova is topped with delicious red berries for the festive season. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the pavlova:
- 6 large free range egg whites
- 350g of caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
Ingredients for the filling:
- 600ml Jersey Dairy double cream
- 100g Jersey Dairy natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 200g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 200g blueberries
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Mint leaves for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 160c. Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper and draw a 12in circle in the middle of the paper. Draw a 6in circle in the centre of the larger circle to make a ring.
- Put the egg whites in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Gradually add the sugar a little at a time, whisking on maximum speed until they are stiff and glossy. Mix the vinegar and cornflour in a cup until smooth, then stir into the egg whites. The process of adding the sugar will take roughly 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon the meringue on the ring drawn on your baking tray. Use a round ended palate knife to swirl to the edges of the circle you have drawn and make a shallow trench in the meringue for the cream and fruit to sit in. Don’t worry about the neatness of this, it can be as polished or as rustic as you would like!
- Put the meringue in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 140c. Bake for 1 hour–1 hour 15 minutes, until the outside is hard but still white. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova inside for an hour or overnight to cool and dry.
- Just before serving lightly whip the Jersey cream then fold in the Jersey yogurt, vanilla bean paste and icing sugar. Spoon into the trench and then top with the fruit and a few mint leaves to decorate.