From grass to glass!
You can now purchase Jersey Dairy milk through a milk dispenser machine…how udderly fantastic!
The Channel Islands Co-operative Society has introduced a new milk dispenser station at Grand Marché St Helier and St Peter offering Jersey Dairy fresh 2.5% milk.
The new milk dispensers will provide shoppers the opportunity to buy fresh green 2.5% fat milk. Customers will be able to buy Jersey Dairy glass bottles or bring their own one litre vessels to fill with milk direct from the station.
Eamon Fenlon, managing director at Jersey Dairy, said: ‘We are thrilled to be able to offer our nutritious and delicious fresh Jersey milk in a glass bottle through the new milk dispenser station at Grand Marché St Helier and St Peter.
We know our consumers care about the environment and we would like to assure them that Jersey Dairy and our farmers are committed to protecting the environment in a proactive and continuous process. This is one of the numerous initiatives that have been implemented or are in the process of being implemented.
Our farmers have set themselves bold ambitions such as restoring orchid meadows, hedgerow and tree planting as well as habitat management to encourage the return of lost species. They have also developed a strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve carbon sequestration and develop biodiversity enhancement.’
Jersey Dairy is the first dairy in the world to hold the LEAF Marque (Linking Environment and Farming) on their milk. The LEAF Marque is all about empowering and enabling farming businesses to make positive changes. Achieving more sustainable farming is a collective responsibility involving the entire food chain – farmers, suppliers, processors, retailers and consumers.
Amoozing stuff! We can’t wait to go shopping and fill up our glass bottle.
Find out more about Jersey Dairy and their commitment to the environment here: https://jerseydairy.com/environment/
Jersey Milk – Health Benefits
- Natural, nutritious and delicious, a glass 200ml Jersey milk provides your body with protein, calcium, iodine, potassium, phosphorus and vitamins B2 and B12.
- Drinking Jersey milk encourages a healthy mind! The B vitamins it contains support healthy brain function and cell metabolism.
- High in calcium which is great for the development of healthy teeth and bones. Jersey milk has 20% more calcium than milk from other breeds of dairy cow.
- High in protein which helps to build muscle. Jersey milk has an 18% higher protein content than milk from other breeds of dairy cow.
- Jersey milk contains mostly ‘A2’ protein which is easier on the digestive system.
- Milk has no additives, meaning all its vitamins and minerals are naturally occurring.
- Milk contains all 9 essential amino acids necessary for your body to function normally.
- Drinking milk may prevent bone diseases such as osteoporosis.