Jersey Dairy wants to Bring Back Breakfast
Jersey Dairy has launched a new campaign “Bring Back Breakfast” which aims to highlight the health benefits of eating breakfast and consuming dairy in the diet. 1 in 4 people skip breakfast because of their hectic lifestyles and two out of three 16 to 24-year-olds regularly miss breakfast to cut down on calories, which of course is not recommended by health professionals. It has been proven that if you consume breakfast your energy levels, attention spans and work productivity are greater than if you did not.
Therefore, Jersey Dairy wants to “Bring Back Breakfast” and make sure that everyone is having breakfast whether that be at home, at work, or on the go. The Dairy has been working closely with Kit Chamier, Registered Sport and Exercise Nutritionist, who has endorsed the campaign with breakfast, dairy, milk and health facts, as well as delicious and nutritious recipe cards featuring milk and yogurt in different breakfast options. Kit is a firm believer of having breakfast and consuming milk and dairy within your diet.
Eamon Fenlon, Managing Director said, “We are excited to launch our new breakfast campaign. We want to ensure that the message “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” is as well understood and acted upon as the advice to “eat five portions of fruit and vegetables per day” with the aim to of improving general health and productivity by encouraging everyone to eat a healthy breakfast every day”.
Local companies such as HSBC, Fairway Trust, Coop House and others have got on board with the campaign and are going to offer breakfast stations at their work for the Bring Back Breakfast “Corporate Week” commencing Monday 30th September. Businesses will be offering cereal and porridge options for their staff, and HSBC will even be recreating the new Jersey Dairy recipe cards as an option for their employees.
Jessica Burton, Marketing Co-ordinator said, “We are thrilled to have local companies on board with our campaign and recognise the importance of starting your day the right way. So many people skip breakfast because of their hectic lifestyles. By local firms offering a breakfast station it will keep employees fuelled until lunchtime, see energy levels increase, as well as being great for workplace well-being”.
Join the Bring Back Breakfast campaign today! Follow Jersey Dairy on all of their social media channels and use the hashtag #BringBackBreakfast. Listen out for the radio ad, lookout for the videos on the Clock Tower screen located on King Street, spot breakfast facts on roadside banners, and of course, keep fuelled with milk and dairy in your breakfast.
Here are ten facts that feature in Jersey Dairy’s new campaign, endorsed by Kit Chamier:
- Breakfast can help you focus by fuelling your brain for many hours
- Protein keeps you fuller for longer, at breakfast you can easily find it in your milk or yogurt
- Including dairy in your breakfast means you can get 20-30g of protein to start the day
- A high protein breakfast will help keep you full for the entire morning
- Jersey Dairy yogurt contains 11g protein in a 200g serving
- Milk has no additives, meaning all its vitamins and minerals are naturally occurring
- 200ml of semi-skimmed milk provides over 70% of your recommended daily vitamin B12 intake which helps you release energy from food
- Milk is made of whey and casein proteins, both excellent for muscle growth and repair
- We use more energy to digest the proteins in milk which can help with weight regulation
- Studies show cow’s milk has a positive effect on your blood pressure
To join in with Jersey Dairy’s Corporate Week email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.