Jersey Pumpkin Soup
This delicious autumn pumpkin soup is packed with flavour and perfect for when the nights begin to draw in. Serve with our tasty Jersey butter spread on some crusty bread.
- 1kg pumpkin peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- 75ml of Jersey Dairy double cream
- 75ml of Jersey Dairy milk
- 1 knob of Jersey Dairy butter
- Table spoon of Jersey Dairy crème fraîche
- Chopped chives to garnish
– Heat the Jersey Dairy butter in a large saucepan, then gently cook the finely chopped onions for 5 minutes.
– Add 1kg chopped pumpkin, to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
– Pour 700ml vegetable or chicken stock into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is very soft.
– Pour 75ml of Jersey Dairy double cream and 75ml of Jersey milk into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender.
– Serve up the tasty pumpkin soup and add a dollop of Jersey Dairy crème fraîche on top with chopped chives to garnish.