Tuesday 16th February is PANCAKE DAY! HOORAY! Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday, is the traditional feast day before the start of Lent (the 40 days leading up to Easter). But remember, pancakes aren’t just for Pancake Day…you can enjoy them on a regular basis with our delicious recipe!
- 300ml Jersey Dairy whole milk
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- A knob of Jersey Dairy butter
- 250ml pot of Jersey Dairy whipping cream
- Punnet of blueberries
- Punnet of strawberries
- Chopped banana
- Golden syrup
– Mix the self raising flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
– Beat together the eggs and the Jersey milk.
– Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk, this will create a thick smooth mixture.
– Heat some tasty Jersey Dairy butter in a large non stick frying pan.
– Drop a large table spoon of the mixture into the pan to create your perfect pancake (about 7cm wide). Try and fit 3 or 4 pancakes in the pan at a time.
– Cook for around 3 minutes until they have turned a lovely golden colour.
– Whip up the Jersey cream and serve your pancakes with a tasty range of toppings. Blueberries, strawberries, banana, cream and syrup! DELICIOUS!
TOP TIP – Of course our pancakes will be served with a glass of nutritious and delicious Jersey milk!