Position: Laboratory Technician
Reporting To: Laboratory Manager
Working as part of a small team this role will be responsible for undertaking testing and recording processes on all ingredients and ready for sale goods to ensure adherence to internal and legal requirements.
- To understand the requirements of and to assist in the implementation of the Jersey Dairy Quality Management and Food Safety Systems.
- To ensure accurate testing of all incoming milk from farms and to communicate with dairy farmers as required.
- The accurate testing of all products through processing, packing and during shelf life.
- To ensure that all testing is recorded accurately to meet internal and legal requirements.
- To ensure that all internal and external legal standards are complied with regarding Jersey Dairy products.
In order to be able to carry out these tasks you must gain an in-depth knowledge of the diverse testing methods and evaluation of test results.
- Diploma of Higher Education preferred.
- Interest in chemistry, physics and microbiology.
- Proven experience within a similar role preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Computer literate with all standard applications – Office 365, word, excel, etc.
- 5 years residency required.
Hours of Work:
This post is a salaried position with normal working at 39 hours per week over five days. Start times will vary in order to maintain laboratory coverage during product productions. Start times from 5am and finish times to 6pm, to include bank holidays and weekends as applicable.
- Competitive salary.
- Free milk and discounted purchase policy.
Jersey Dairy are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our company.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be made in writing, enclosing a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role to Magdalena Drabble, Jersey Dairy or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org